A visit from House Calls is just like a regular visit to your health care provider, but it occurs in the convenience of your home. On the first visit the provider does a complete history and physical and determines any tests that may need to be done. The first visit usually takes one hour. Follow-up visits tend to focus on any medical problems or concerns that have come up since the previous visit. Follow-up visits average 30 minutes.
It is greatly appreciated if family members are present at the first visit. The more accurate and thorough information received, the better we can care for you. If family is not able to be present, we try to get information over the phone prior to the visit. It is not as important for family to attend follow-up visits. But rather, call our office with any concerns prior to the visit.
Optage House Calls accepts Medicare assignment, private pay, or other types of insurances for which we are designated providers. Fees and insurance coverage will be discussed with you when you select Optage as
your primary care provider.
Optage House Calls Medicare assignment means we only bill what Medicare allows. After the annual Medicare $131 deductible is met, Medicare covers 80% of each visit. The remaining 20% is submitted to your secondary insurance which usually covers the remainder of the bill. You are billed whatever your secondary insurance does not pay for. If you do not have secondary insurance, you are billed the 20% that Medicare does not cover.
Optage House Calls is not an emergency service. If you experience a life-threatening emergency, you should call 911 immediately. If you go to the hospital, let us know so we can send appropriate records to assist in your care.
No, any patient, family member or health care provider can make a referral for a visit. The only requirement is that you be “homebound,” which means it is difficult to leave your home and you do so infrequently. You do not need to be completely homebound.
After Optage House Calls has received a referral/visit request, contact is made and paperwork is mailed. Once the paperwork is completed and returned, and insurance
coverage is confirmed, we contact you to acknowledge receipt of the required documents and to arrange the start of the home visit service.